Sunday, April 6, 2014

Butterfly

My Little Butterfly
Your wings were made 
out of my tears. 
Not tears of sadness, 
but tears of joy. 
Tears of joy knowing your 
flying across heaven's garden. 
With your vibrant colors you 
created rainbows to remind me
of the good times when 
you were in my womb shaped 
like a cocoon. 
Nurturing and protecting you, 
but God had a different plan for 
you . 
I was hurt in the beginning and 
felt like God was my enemy.
God took you away from me, God took that moment of you and I.
I never got the chance to hold you, look into your eyes, or even sing you a lullaby. 
But, you whispered in my dreams one night, telling that love is beautiful and also painful. 
And to truly love you, I must learn to let you go. 
Which I finally learned to let you go and the pain subsided, your smile became my smile. 
Your soul became my soul and I watched you blossom into my little 
butterfly with vibrant colors created rainbows with 
your wings. 
At the sametime you transformed me into admirer of butterflies.
Ishmael Street

No comments:

Post a Comment