Saturday, April 5, 2014

Poetry Fiend

I’m a poet fiend 
At the age of fifteen 
I injected my veins with 
Poets from Giovanni,
Hughes, and Hearst 
But addiction grew stronger 
So injecting my veins with 
Poets from Frost, Shakespeare,
And Neruda 
Inspiration became my high but 
I wasn’t ready to write
As I grew older injected more 
Poets like Williams, Sanchez,
And Reed
Slowly progress into a poet 
Fiend
Impregnated by the poets who 
Came before me 
The pen immaculately conceived from hand
And so my thoughts connect to the pen like an
umbilical cord.
I began to write because the time
was right to seduce minds with my literally might
bathe the audience in my poems like the poets 
who bathed me in there literal sea 
for this I will always be a poet fiend

Ishmael Street

No comments:

Post a Comment